Fix your Xbox Yourself


Has Your Xbox 360 Got The Three Red Rings Of Death ?

Don't Spend $150 On Costly Repairs Fix It Yourself With This Complete Step By Step Guide!

Click Here To Download The Xbox 360 3 Red Lights Fix Now

Monday, May 24, 2010

How to Fix Xbox 360 Ring of Death


Need to fix your Xbox 360? Keep reading for a step-by-step plan for how to fix Xbox 360 ring of death.

As the360 has been on the market for over 5 years now, you'd think they'd have all the bugs worked out of the system already, but believe it or not there's still a chance that brand-new Xbox consoles being sold will still suffer from the red ring of death.

If you've recently purchased an Xbox 360 that is having this problem or if you have an older Xbox 360 that started flashing three red lights, don't despair. Instead follow these steps on how to fix Xbox 360 ring of death in about an hour yourself, without having to pay an arm and a leg for Microsoft's repair service.

Step 1 - First we need to take it apart.

Take off the faceplate, as well as all of the screws holding the console together. Please note, taking your Xbox 360 apart will void the factory warranty, if the warranty is still active. If your warranty is expired or if you've already taken the console apart once before then you have nothing to lose by doing this.

Step 2 - Taking the insides apart

Once you have the cover off of your Xbox 360, you want to remove the motherboard, GPU, and heatsink assembly. You'll notice 2 X-shaped clamps on this board assembly. Those little guys are usually the culprit for the Xbox ring of death.

You want to remove the screws holding the heatsink in place, and take apart this assembly.

Step 3 - How to fix Xbox 360 ring of death

Now we're going to fix the problem. You'll want to purchase some small rubber washers and reassemble the motherboard assembly, putting the washers between the screws that hold the X-clamps in place. This will prevent the clamps from vibrating when the system heats up and keep from putting pressure on the motherboard and graphics card.

Step 4 - Reassemble your Xbox console

Once this is done, reassemble your Xbox console. Put the cover back on, as well as the faceplate, and plug the system in. You'll now want to let the system run for about 20 minutes without playing it. This is to effectively heat up the parts and let the washers set, as well as rebind the broken connections that were causing the error code.

Using this process you can effectively learn how to fix Xbox 360 ring of death, without paying expensive repair fees or waiting weeks to get your Xbox 360 back. The great thing about this fix is that it's permanent and works 96% of the time. The other 4% refers to other hardware malfunctions.

This quick-tip guide is great. But how do high definition videos, a complete walk-through tutorial on how to fix xbox 360 ring of death, and online tech support sound?

Click here now for the videos

6 comments:

rob said...

did not work i now have 2 lights and the fan is no longer working

rob said...

does not work i did the step by step process and my 3 red lights have now changed to 2 and the fan has stopped working and the disc drive will not open

rob said...

did the step by step process and now i have 2 lights

danaforsytheusa said...

I am very excited and encouraged to watching your article. This article is very reliable & incredible. Heartily thanks for your giving out information.

danaforsytheusa said...

Many thanks you for this blog which you have made by your patient and thinking power. You really know so much about this matter. You’ve covered so many bases. Great substance from this part of the internet. Thanks again for your creation.

Michael said...

Discover How You Can Easily Fix Your XBOX 360 3 Red Lights With Our Dual Stage Fix That Has Been Fixing Thousands Of XBOX 360 Like Yours In UNDER 1HR

Get more info: http://xbox360repairredlights.blogspot.com

 
Feed Shark